Again, inspired by this, I decided to see if I could do it in Python. This time was a little bit harder, because the genotype and the phenotype were distinct from each other. I’ve been learning and playing around with Pygame and I thought I could give it a go. So far, this is what I’ve come up with:
I tried to follow the code on that site to the best of my ability, but it got a bit confusing, so I tried to do it myself. I haven’t really implemented any gAs yet, but I’ve got the ship and the motion down. I’ll try to finish it in the next few days if I can, but it’s been really confusing so far.
So far, it’s moving linearly, in a diagonal direction, which is good.